Your friends and family have been there for you through thick and thin, so this year, you want to throw them the backyard anniversary party to end all backyard anniversary parties. But where do you start? And more importantly, how do you make sure your guests have a good time?
Not to worry! We’ve got you covered with tips and tricks on how to throw an epic backyard anniversary party that your friends and family will be talking about for years to come.
Planning Your Party
Wedding anniversaries are a time to reflect on the past year and celebrate the love and commitment that you and your partner have for each other. But they’re also a time to celebrate with your closest friends and family!
The first step to throwing any good party is planning, and this is especially true for a backyard anniversary party. You’ll need to take into account things like the weather, the size of your backyard, and what kind of activities you want to include.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you start planning your party:
- Choose a date and time that works for everyone. You’ll want to pick a date that falls on a weekend or during a time when most of your guests will be available.
- If you’re worried about the weather, pick a date that’s early in the summer or fall. This way, you’ll have a better chance of having good weather for your party.
- Send out invitations at least a few weeks in advance, so your guests can plan their schedules around your party.
- Make sure you have enough space for everyone by measuring your backyard and estimating how many people you can comfortably fit. If you are expecting a large crowd, you may need to get creative with your seating arrangements.
- Decide what kind of activities you want to include at your party. This will help you plan the rest of your party, from the food to the decorations. Outdoor party games are always a hit, or you could set up a photo booth for your guests to enjoy.
Once you’ve got a date and time picked out, you can start working on the rest of the details for your party.
Making Your Backyard Party-Ready
Now that you’ve got the date set, it’s time to start getting your backyard ready for the memorable event. If you want your guests to be comfortable, you’ll need to make sure your backyard is clean and well-maintained.
Here are a few tips for getting your backyard party-ready:
- Mow the lawn and trim the hedges, so your backyard looks neat and tidy.
- Set up some chairs or benches for your guests to sit on.
- If you’re planning on serving food, set up a table or two in your backyard.
- Put up some string lights or lanterns to give your backyard a party atmosphere.
- Place some trash cans around your yard, so your guests can easily dispose of their trash.
- Make sure there’s a clear path from your house to your backyard, so your guests don’t have to walk through mud or grass.
With your backyard looking party-ready, it’s time to start thinking about the food and drinks you’ll serve at your anniversary party.
Food and Drinks for Your Backyard Anniversary Party
No party is complete without food and drinks, so you’ll need to make sure you have enough to feed your guests. When planning the menu for your party, it’s important to consider any dietary restrictions your guests may have. You should also try to include a mix of both savory and sweet items, so there’s something for everyone.
As far as drinks go, you’ll want to have a few options available for your guests. If you’re serving alcohol, make sure you have plenty of non-alcoholic options as well. And if you’re serving soda, be sure to have some ice on hand to keep it cold.
Here are a few ideas for food and drinks you can serve at your backyard anniversary party:
- Chips and dip
- Veggie tray
- Fruit salad
- Sandwiches or wraps
- Chicken wings
- Cookies or cakes
- Sodas, water, or iced tea
- Beer, wine, or cocktails
With the food and drinks taken care of, it’s time to start thinking about the entertainment for your party.
Entertainment for Your Backyard Anniversary Party
No party is complete without some good entertainment, so you’ll need to come up with a few ideas to keep your guests entertained. If you’re stuck for ideas, here are a few things you can do:
- Set up a playlist of songs that everyone can enjoy.
- Rent a movie projector and screen, so you can have an outdoor movie night.
- Set up some lawn games like cornhole or frisbee.
- Hire a band or DJ to provide some live music.
- If you have a pool, set up a few inflatable toys or floated for your guests to enjoy.
With the entertainment sorted out, it’s time to start thinking about the decorations for your party.
Decorations for Your Backyard Anniversary Party
The decorations you choose for your backyard anniversary party will depend on the theme you’ve chosen. If you’re having a summer party, for example, you might want to decorate with things like flowers and beach balls. If you’re having a Halloween party, on the other hand, you might want to decorate with things like pumpkins and ghosts.
No matter what theme you choose, there are a few essential decorations you’ll need for your party:
- Streamers or banners to hang up around your yard
- Balloons to tie to chairs or trees
- Tablecloths for the tables you’re using
- Plates, cups, and utensils for your guests to use
- A guest book for your guests to sign
With the decorations taken care of, it’s time to start thinking about the favors for your party.
Favors for Your Backyard Anniversary Party
When it comes to favors, you can either go the traditional route and give your guests something they can take home with them, or you can do something a little different and give them an experience they’ll never forget.
If you want to give your guests something they can take home with them, here are a few ideas:
- Picture frames
- Soaps or lotions
- Seeds or seedlings
If you want to give your guests an experience they’ll never forget, here are a few ideas:
- A voucher for a free massage or manicure/pedicure
- A voucher for a free day at a spa
- A voucher for a free meal at a restaurant
- A voucher for a free night’s stay at a hotel
No matter what you choose to do, your guests are sure to appreciate the thought you put into their favors.
It’s time to start thinking about the invites for your party now that you’ve completed your shopping.
Invitations for Your Backyard Anniversary Party
The invitations you choose for your backyard anniversary party will depend on the theme you’ve chosen. If you’re having a summer party, for example, you might want to choose invitations with a floral design. Inviting people to an anniversary party can be done in a variety of ways. You could choose to hand-deliver the invitations, send them through the mail, or even invite people via text or email.
No matter what theme you choose, there are a few essential elements you’ll need to include on your invitations:
- The date of your party
- The time of your party
- The address of your party
- The RSVP date
- Your contact information
With the invitations sorted out, it’s time to start thinking about the day of your party.
The Day of Your Backyard Anniversary Party
On the day of your backyard anniversary party, there are a few things you’ll need to do to make sure everything goes off without a hitch.
First, you’ll need to set up the decorations. This includes things like hanging up streamers and banners, blowing up balloons, and putting tablecloths on the tables.
Once the decorations are taken care of, you’ll need to set up the food and drinks. If you’re having a buffet, for example, you’ll need to set out all the food and drinks on the tables. If you’re having a sit-down meal, on the other hand, you’ll need to set up a buffet table with all the food and drinks.
Once the food and drinks are sorted out, you’ll need to make sure the music is set up and ready to go. If you’re having a live band, for example, you’ll need to make sure they have everything they need. If you’re playing music from an iPod or other MP3 player, on the other hand, you’ll need to make sure it’s charged and ready to go.
Finally, you’ll need to make sure the favors are set up and ready to be given out. This includes things like setting up a table with the favors on it or putting the favors in goodie bags.
Make your anniversary party a memorable event
Great memories, laughter, and love shared with family and friends – are the things that make an anniversary party truly special. So, don’t forget to take lots of pictures and have fun! Amazing time guaranteed!