Looking for some summer-themed backyard games for outdoor play to keep the whole family entertained during those hot summer days? Look no further! I’ve got a list of classic backyard games that are so much fun, you’ll want to play fun outdoor games all summer long. From ring toss and bean bag toss to backyard bowling and obstacle courses, these games are sure to be a hit at your next summer party or family gathering.
If you’re looking for an exciting classic game, how about a balloon treasure hunt? Fill up some balloons with water and hide them around the yard or local park. The kids will have a blast searching for them and popping them with excitement. Or grab some squirt guns and have an epic water balloon fight – just make sure everyone has their own bean bag or towel to dry off afterward!
For those who prefer less physical activity, why not set up a giant tic-tac-toe board using poster board and plastic cups? It’s a great way to challenge your strategic skills while enjoying the warm weather. And if you’re feeling crafty, you can even make your own oversized wooden dice or rope rings for extra fun playing options.
No matter which summer-themed backyard games for outdoor play you choose, these outdoor activities are guaranteed to create lasting memories and provide hours of entertainment for everyone involved. So gather your friends and family, head outside, and get ready for some summer-themed backyard gaming fun!
5 Summer-themed Backyard Games for Outdoor Play
When it comes to summer-themed backyard games for outdoor play, there are so many fun options that can keep the whole family entertained. Whether you’re hosting a summer party or just looking for some fun game ideas to enjoy on a hot summer day, these classic outdoor games are sure to bring hours of laughter and excitement.
- Ring Toss Game: One popular backyard game is the classic ring toss. All you need is a set of rings and some pegs or bottles to throw them at. It’s a simple fun outdoor game that can be played by kids of all ages, making it perfect for younger kids who may not be able to participate in more competitive games.Set up a ring toss game using hula hoops and try your hand at tossing rings onto them. It’s a simple yet entertaining classic outdoor game that can be enjoyed by both younger kids and adults alike.
- Bean Bag Toss: Create your own bean bags using old socks and beans, and set up targets using buckets or boxes with different point values. This popular backyard game is perfect for improving hand-eye coordination while having loads of fun.
- Backyard Bowling: Transform your yard into a mini bowling alley with plastic bottles as bowling pins and a ping pong balls, soft ball as the bowling ball. This game requires some space but guarantees an enjoyable time for everyone involved.
- Water Balloon Toss: On those scorching summer days, cool off with an exciting water balloon toss. Fill balloons with water, form two teams, and start tossing the balloons back and forth. The team that avoids popping their balloon the longest wins!
- Scavenger Hunt: Organize a treasure hunt in your backyard or local park by hiding objects or clues around the area. Divide into teams or play individually to see who can find all the items first.
- Obstacle Course: Create an obstacle course in your yard using various objects like hula hoops, pool noodles, ropes, and cones. Kids will have a blast running, jumping, crawling under obstacles while competing against each other.
- Tic Tac Toe Relay Race: Draw large tic tac toe grids on poster boards placed at different distances from a starting line. Divide into two teams and take turns running to place their marker (bean bag or other game piece) on the grid until one team gets three in a row.
- Squirt Gun Target Practice: Set up a target range in your yard using plastic cups or other objects, and have fun aiming and squirting water with squirt guns. This is an excellent way to cool down while honing your aim.
- Giant Jenga: Make your own giant Jenga set using wooden blocks or even plastic cups stacked in a tower. Take turns pulling out pieces without letting the tower collapse.
- Water Limbo: Use a garden hose or sprinkler to create a stream of water for kids to limbo under. Lower the stream after each round, and see who can go the lowest without getting wet!
These are just a few fun summer-themed backyard games for outdoor play ideas for outdoor games that will keep everyone your family, kids entertained all summer long. So grab your outdoor family games pieces, gather your family and friends, and get ready for some backyard fun!